Monday, August 17, 2009

My First CSA Box.

I recently moved into a *real* house and have been waiting to finally order thru my local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture.)


Here is my first box o' goodies! (psst I actually got this the other week, however just got around to posting. I'll try to post quicker this week!)
We received:
- a bunch of lettuce (made a salad)
- 3 zucchini, not pictured (made into 4 loaves of zucchini bread. delish.)
- 2 small cucumbers, not pictured. One went into the salad... other is in the fridge I think.
- beets, still in my fridge...whoops.
- fennel, also in my fridge....
- nectarines, made into nectarine pie and was absolutely fan-friggin-tastic. Made a 2nd one the next night.
- peaches, mmmm peaches. Sadly still on the counter.
- green beans, the boyfriend sauteed these up with some garlic & wine and bacon. yum.
- pluots, have yet to try or eat them.
- carrots, went into the salad.
- broccoli, in the fridge still

Looking forward to trying new things (like beets. and fennel. and pluots.)

No comments: